Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Mike has been working feverishly to get the house ready for the baby. As I told you before we wanted to get rid of that nasty carpet and put in wood flooring. Jonathan came and helped us quite a few times (Mike and I are really impressed with him, Mike said he took initiative and did an awesome job!) I swear there was mold underneath the carpet! (It wasn't mold, but it may as well have been with how nasty it was!) So Here are some pictures of the finished product. Mike is amazing! He cut all of the wood at perfect angles, and the stairs look great!

This is the baby's room.-mike wont let me add any recent pictures since he isn't finished. He surprised me and painted the room, and added white paneling. So cute!





Our bedroom
Yeesh, I'll get a better pic. haha

The Front room






Dining room





















The Family Room




 The Stairs






Our back yard has been quite a pain. It was so bad that as a service project the stake came out to help us! They did an amazing job! 
I can't find any pictures of the yard from before so you can't see how bad it really was, but here is what I do have
Before: 



 After: about half the grass has made it so far, but it should grow back next summer. Mike did an amazing job with the sprinkler system. Jonathan and his friends came over and hauled all of the grass into the back, and even helped a bit with the sprinklers. Jonathan was sweet and yelled at his friends for "making the pregnant one hold the chemicals" haha Mike said the sprinklers were hard to instal and "will never do that ever again!" haha

 As you can see we ran out of sod-this patch above actually didn't have enough dirt so we went around it

 Mike is also making a little deck for us, and will be putting in a fire pit. I'm So excited for that part!

Here are some pictures of the dogs in their socks, so cute!
Belle





LuLu







Athena






3 comments:

  1. The floors look amazing! Not that I saw them before, but I like the hard wood :) Beautiful home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backyard looks great! You should have taken before pics just so people can see what it was like! Your floor looks great as well!! Your dog's socks are lame though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah if you lived with them you wouldn't think the socks are lame. Now we don't have to hear them walk around. It is SO annoying when they aren't wearing them! I know, I'm so bummed I can't find the before pics of the yard! Thank you though :)

    ReplyDelete