Friday, December 2, 2011

Trip to the Hospital

    Yesterday, Kjera described something strange that she was experiencing, and the people she spoke with about it suggested it could be her water breaking. She spoke with an on-call nurse in Labor and Delivery and she told Kjera to go in immediately.
     Kjera counted 7 contractions each hour. The poor thing was downtown when she started experiencing the discomfort of the contractions. To make things worse, there was an accident before the freeway, and she found herself stuck in traffic for close to an hour before she could even get onto the freeway to head home.
    I left work immediately and headed home to get things ready. I cleaned the house, fed the dogs, and packed all our stuff just in case baby decided to come early. Kjera got home and looked miserable. Between the occasional contractions, and the cold symptomes she has, I wanted to get her to the hospital asap! Once everything was ready, we raced to the hospital.
    We arrived to the hospital and checked in. Kjera got into her gown and we waited for the nurse. The first nurse was kind of a grouch (possibly because it was the end of her shift) and she kicked Kinsie and Cicily out of the room. The next nurse was very sweet and did all the tests Kjera enjoyed so much. We had some mixed emotions when we learned all the tests came back negative for any signs of baby coming early.
     Baby is already starting to mess with his parents! I guess we are glad he didn't come this early. The longer he is in there, the healthier and stronger he will get. Once it was all over, we were all just a little bummed we'd have to wait a little longer to meet little Kyden. So we did the one thing we knew would make us feel better:

  Ate Dinner Together!



2 comments:

  1. that was a crazy night!!! even the service was crazy. I'll never forget kjera making the server uncomfortable!!! so funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha ya that was pretty funny. I forget not to let my belly hang out in public ;)

    ReplyDelete