Monday, January 16, 2012

Making the world a better place, one baby at a time.

Mike and I fell in love with Kyden right away! We feel so blessed to have him in our family. We are so grateful to our heavenly father for so many of of prayers being answered. We are grateful for each other, and for everyone in our lives. Mike is already an amazing father! I couldn't ask for a better husband, and baby. It is true that there is no greater joy than extending your family. Kyden is healthy and beautiful! I was very surprised from his strength in suction. I can tell that breastfeeding will be difficult in the near future, but it is in a way addicting for me because it is so sweet, and relaxing (thank you dopamine). He fed immediately after birth around 9, then clung on again at 11. We couldn't get him to feed for 6 hours after that because he was so sleepy. Now he's taking the boob like a champ!
I find myself falling asleep as I do simple stuff like writing this post. I'll start by closing my eyes to think then realize that my eyes have been closed for longer than I meant. I feel great other than the "ring of fire" as my nurse put it ;) Definitely very sore! We are so grateful for the staff here. The have helped so much1 There are only 2 other babies here and they have been sleeping in their momma's rooms so the staff have been enjoying Kyden and giving him all the attention he needs since I send him back to the nursery after he feeds. I'm taking total advantage and getting sleep. For the first time I feel rested. I still dose of randomly but I feel so much better! I'm also very grateful for all of the help of our families. Cicily rubbed my legs, and even the top of my feet! That is love right there! I love his little smile. I'm already a sucker for it!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! I'm glad you're resting as much as you can. I can't wait to snuggle him. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you to see him. I just read my post and saw all of the errors. I was very out of it!

      Delete